Wednesday, October 28, 2009

You are Special!!!

Back in the day whenever my birthday would roll around I would of course be excited for the fun day ahead. But also for the rarely used "you are special!"plate my mom would keep in the china cabinet. Needless to say I would always be jealous whenever my siblings would get to use it and held a bit resentment when my special day would roll around without me using the awesome plate, for the fear of me breaking it.
While Allison and myself spent time in St. George for our one year anniversary, we stopped into a pottery decorating studio on Main street known as Brushfire. We have discussed making future traditions for our someday family. I told Ali my scarring story (because we always seem to remember the heartbreaking stories from our childhood.) She loved the idea so we spent an afternoon creating a "You are The Special Norman Today!" plate and we were quite happy with the results. In the beginning the colors looked dull and sketchy but everything of course worked out.





It may be a while before we use this, but we can't help but
start a new project... even while on vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment