Saturday, January 2, 2010

Christmas!

The holidays are passing us too quickly, I can't believe we celebrated Christmas already. We were busy on Christmas Eve where my sister Emily had the whole family over. It's always fun to see everyone on my side because as the family grows the more difficult it is to get together. We could only stay for dinner and missed out on the tradition of the candy bar game but the short time was a lot of fun. Later that night we joined the Frank family at Olive Garden and later returned back home to open our christmas ornament gift. Each year we get an ornament that symbolizes something about our life that year. Ali gave me a little Washer that spins little clothes inside because I Matthew have done well over 95% of the laundry since we moved to Kaysville.

Unfortunately I had to work Christmas morning but Ali's family was nice enough to wake up bright and early so I could enjoy opening presents with them. We woke up at 6am which brought back memories of getting up before the sun did to see what was under the tree. This year I didn't help Allison out too much with gift ideas for myself because all I could think of were wants and not needs. I was very impressed that she remembered things I mentioned who knows how long ago.

Ali gave me a GPS for my car so we wont get lost anymore... (I have no sense of direction). I received an Ogden is Awesome t-shirt that I thought was amazing. I was given a computer program which turns my laptop into a journal that I can link to this blog which will provide more updates. I was very excited for that because for years I've talked about how it would be easier to type a journal than to put the pen to the paper. A few small items including a copy of The Three Amigos DVD (a family favorite) and a electronic game called Catchphrase. I even got a snuggie which made me realize how rich someone is getting off of one of the dumbest ideas.

Allison got a whole bunch of things, some of the highlights include a Paul Frank Diaper bag, childrens books, and a Cuisine Art Ice Cream Maker. We spoiled each other quite a bit this year but a lot of it was things for our future family and child.It was a great Christmas and sadly it's come and gone, here's hoping this is the beginning of a new and great year ahead of us.

Our family was very generous this year! we received a couple of date night gift certificates, some baby stuff for the future rug rat. Allison was very excited to get a new phone instead of using hand me downs.... Ali's parents even gave me a Panini Maker (hopefully we'll cut down the amount we go to Zuppa's).

No comments:

Post a Comment