Friday, January 8, 2010

We're expecting....

A BOY! We're very excited and can't believe that it's actually happening! We went to the doctors on Wed and spent quite a bit of time to get a good look at the baby which took much longer than expected, it looks like our child will be a snuggler since he's constantly rolled up. Ali decided she wanted to switch to a Midwife because our doctor was a bit of a head case, I was a little apprehensive but after meeting her I feel that the right decision was made. She made a great impression and was nice enough to spend extra time with us since we've desperately been waiting to find out for sure what we're having. I'm very excited to have a little boy because our good friends Seth and Keri are having a little boy a month before us, so our boys automatically have best friends. We have some other friends that are expecting around the same time and we wish them and everyone the best.
(not an actual picture of ourselves... but still funny)

This will be my parents 16th grandchild (I'm the youngest of six kids) and this is the first human grandchild for Allison's family (Ali's sister has two cute dogs they count as grand kids). Everything is going great right now, a few aches and pains and a battle to agree on a name. I've been very nervous the past few months but I'm also excited to be a dad. I was very lucky to have been given such a great family, I may not have shown the respect and love they deserved but I hope that I can help my child understand and enjoy the blessing of a human. We'll keep you posted and share pictures of our babies room which is currently a work in progress.

2 comments:

  1. Love the pic! :) Funny enough, we are going to have the 16th grandchild on Seth's side as well...weird! We are very excited for you guys. I have heard from everyone that having a boy first is much better..what do I know though right? :) We want to get together real soon if you guys are available. Hope all is well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! You guys are finally breaking the girl trend!! Glad to know for sure that it's a boy, hopefully our next one will be a boy too (but that won't be for awhile).

    ReplyDelete